Friday, June 10, 2011

Don't Judge It Until You Eat It


There is always a time in our lives when we would look at something and feel like turning the other way without thinking about trying whatever it is in the beginning. For some of us, we feel like we are over it. Then later on we realize that it is an ongoing battle that we have to face for a very long time. The only difference is that now it has become a moment instead of an ongoing lifestyle problem.

One day, I went over to visit my grandmother. I have an incredibly busy schedule that orginally took a toll on me visiting my grandmother before. She called me one time wondering why I haven't been visiting her because I used to visit her every weekend. But now, it hasn't become a problem and I now visit my grandmother every weekend.

She told me she made some stew if I would like to try some. She didn't even have to ask me. When my grandmother offers me her cooking, I am in the kitchen the next second. Everybody knows there is a current debate between your own mother and your grandmother's cooking. You be the judge.

I opened the pot and there I stumbled upon a stew I have never seen before. It was a combination of baked patatoes, mixed vegetables, ground meat, and spaghetti all together in one. I seriously wanted to burn all of it. I thought it was ugly and I thought it was going to be a disgusting dish. The good thing about me is that I am one of those people that loves trying new things. I am the experimental type. I like to keep my life fresh.

Even though I still had those tiny judgments about grandma's stew, I grabbed a plate and put some in microwave. I put it in my mouth and guess what? It was the most delicious stew I have ever had in my life. I felt so embarrassed that I dismissed the whole thing without willing to try.

This is something that I want everyone to do. Don't jump to conclusions and ignore a dish. Grab a plate and try it out. Who knows? It might be an amazing dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment